The Link between Exercise and Sexual Health
Regular exercise provides numerous health benefits, and many of these benefits can extend to your sexual health. There is strong evidence to suggest that physical activity can have a positive and direct impact on sexual health.
How does Exercise Impact Sexual Health?
- Vascular Health: Regular exercise can improve cardiovascular health, which is essential for normal erectile functioning in men. It also helps to keep blood vessels dilated, allowing more blood flow to the genitals and allowing for greater sensation.
- Hormones: Exercise has been found to increase testosterone, which is associated with greater libido. In addition, endorphins released during exercise can create a feeling of pleasure and arousal.
- Confidence and Self-Esteem: Exercise has been linked to increased confidence and self-esteem, which can certainly help to facilitate a healthy sex life. When people feel good about themselves and their body, it can significantly increase their desire for sexual activity.
Tips for Exercise and Sexual Health:
- Balance your Exercise Program: Mix up your exercise routine with activities that include both aerobic and strength training. This will help develop muscles, maintain joint flexibility, and improve endurance.
- Listen to Your Body: Choose activities that are enjoyable and not overly strenuous. Exercising with a partner is a great way to stay motivated and to focus on your shared goals.
- Maintain a Healthy Diet: Eating a healthy diet is essential for healthy sexual functioning. Choose a variety of nutritious foods that fuel your body with the right kinds of energy.
It is clear that regular exercise can lead to increased sexual health. Physical activity promotes overall health and wellness that can extend to your sex life. To reap the greatest benefits, be sure to choose regular exercise that is tailored to suit your needs and fitness level.